Tuesday 1 December 2015

Favourite Phrases & Bath Graffiti

Some of the things you get to say as parents.... are brilliant!

There are lots of things to be said as fully fledged adults, with even more to be said if you are lucky enough to be a parent!  Lots of these things are fun: "We're going to the zoo!", "Tickle, tickle tickle!", "Who's gonna getcha!".  But lots of these are also difficult:  "We're very disappointed that...", "Why did you do that?", "You don't hit".  Some of the things you say are scary indicators that you're turning into your parents: "Who left the light on again", "Who didn't flush the toilet again", "Get your finger out of there!".  But my all time favourites are the surreal moments, the things that stop you in your tracks and make you think...
"wow, I never expected to say that".

I've included a short list of my favourites below, these range from things I never expected to say to a child, to things I never expected to say as a parent. 

Some of these are things I never expected to have to say as a human!

I've decided not to give them too much context because I think that'd only remove some of the true weirdness that I experienced the first time I heard myself say them.

1) Stop slapping those frozen chickens
2) Get back in your T-shirt
3) Why are you wearing your mums bra?...(said to our eldest...son)
4) Stop flapping your willy at me!
5) Get. Out. Of. Your. Mum's. Bra!
6) Yes, very good... I'm very impressed by your bubble willy...
7) Did you just do the 'Naked Robot' across the landing?
8) No, I don't want to see your bum!
9) He just told me he's not wearing any underpants...in the middle of Asda
10) Stop slapping my bum


I think the thing I like most about these little snippets of utter craziness is the fact that I know I have more to come.  I look forward to them... they make me confused...but I really enjoy them!  I'm really happy knowing that I've got years of these to come and I can't wait to hear them.

I really love being a parent!




Sorry that this weeks instalment is a little shorter than usual.  I could ramble on about being busy in my new job, the stresses of December (a month with 4 birthdays and Christmas in it for this household) or just that I'm tired.  But, in truth, I've just not got much to say this week. It's been a reasonably peaceful week.  So that can only mean one thing... an absolute monster post next week!

...Hopefully this bath crayon drawing of a jellyfish should tide you over.  I have had it critiqued by the finest two year old in our house's bath-art community and it was highly commended for it's "pu'ple" tones and "wigul" art stylings!

Suck it Da Vinci!

No comments:

Post a Comment